Share the love y’all!
KANSAS CITY, Mo.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Kansas City Southern (KCS) (NYSE: KSU) has released a 2019 sustainability data update to its sustainability report, “For the Long Haul: Delivering Prosperity, Valuing People, Protecting the Planet.” The report is available in the Corporate Responsibility section of www.kcsouthern.com.
“KCS is committed to responsible business practices and maintaining strong relationships with our stakeholders,” said KCS president and CEO Patrick J. Ottensmeyer. “We are proud to share 2019 updates to our sustainability report that demonstrate our commitment to safety, environmentally responsible operations and employee engagement.”
2019 Sustainability Data Update Highlights:
- Safety statistics, as reported annually in our sustainability updates, now include data from our Mexican operations
- In 2019, KCS improved its U.S. and Mexico consolidated reportable train accident frequency ratio and consolidated reportable injury frequency ratio by 26% and 8%, respectively
- KCS avoided the use of 14.5 million gallons of diesel fuel; an additional 5 million gallons avoided compared to 2018 due to the implementation of initiatives such as Trip Optimizer and idle reduction
- KCS is disclosing its first publicly-reported multiyear GHG emissions reduction target. The company intends to reduce its GHG emissions intensity by at least 12% by the year 2025, from a 2018 base year
- 86% of respondents to the 2019 KCS employee engagement and satisfaction survey would recommend our company as a great place to work
KCS’ sustainability report and 2019 sustainability data update follows the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) latest standards for disclosing governance, economic, social and environmental topics. These standards provide for the disclosure of measurable data and specific information related to sustainability.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., Kansas City Southern (KCS) (NYSE: KSU) is a transportation holding company that has railroad investments in the U.S., Mexico and Panama. Its primary U.S. holding is The Kansas City Southern Railway Company, serving the central and south central U.S. Its international holdings include Kansas City Southern de Mexico, S.A. de C.V., serving northeastern and central Mexico and the port cities of Lázaro Cárdenas, Tampico and Veracruz, and a 50 percent interest in Panama Canal Railway Company, providing ocean-to-ocean freight and passenger service along the Panama Canal. KCS’ North American rail holdings and strategic alliances with other North American rail partners are primary components of a unique railway system, linking the commercial and industrial centers of the U.S., Mexico and Canada. More information about KCS can be found at www.kcsouthern.com
C. Doniele Carlson, 816-983-1372
This article published with permission from Business Wire